Sunday, March 22, 2009

gardening on my mind

After receiving the Sage Garden Herbs catalogue in the mail a few weeks ago, I spent last weekend on their website selecting seeds. I submitted my order and this past week I received the seeds!

I think I will go back now and order some tomato seeds and start these next weekend. I was going to simply buy tomato plants and transplant them in the garden, but perhaps I'll try to grow them again this year. However this time I will either buy a grow light or bring them to work to place on my window sill (I have fabulous south facing windows).

I started a garden book two years ago when we planted our first garden with Andrew and Annie. Each year I map out the garden on paper and decide where to plant what. I planted Asparagus last year and it takes 2-3 years before this perennial plant produces. I have my fingers crossed that we will be able to enjoy some this year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Brandy & David....

I have started compiling ideas in the event that I ever own a home.....thought this looked like a fabulous idea.....

Check it out:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/07/19/AR2006071900473.html

-S