Wednesday, September 8, 2010

22 weeks - 5 months

Ambrose was 5 months on Monday, August 30 which technically fell at the tail end of his 21st week (weeks run Tuesday to Monday) but whatever.
I weighed him at the Wednesday mom and baby group and he is 20 pounds 14 ounces!

Highlights
-making borscht and chocolate chip oatmeal cookies on a cold late summer night
-hanging out with Jenna Claire, Janine and Moog
-dinner with the girls (Ang, Tamara and Janice)
-visiting with nana and papa
-quick visit with Christoff (who rescued injured merlin - a small falcon- from our yard (see pics)
-big walk in Assiniboine Park with Christy and Samuel, and Tamara and her nephew

Observations and milestones
-moves from sitting position to lying on tummy
-crawls/climbs out of laps onto tummy and crawls/climbs into laps (or onto bolster or pillow) from tummy
-has experienced a few head bumps from active playing :(
-Ambrose loves mom! If someone else is holding him and he is crying for me, as soon as I take him he screams or laughs in delight and smiles back at the person who was just holding him as if to say, ha ha I am with my mom now. What a stinker!
-if babes is upset or cranky, speaking in a sing song voice or singing seems to soothe him
-loves to have his tongue out and to blow bubbles
-gets visibly excited when daddy takes out the guitar (or any other musical instrument)
-loves touching the cats
-doing this new thing of grabbing me on both sides of my face or holding onto my neck and giving me an open mouth if drool-y kiss or hug. so sweet
-not so sweet is when he grabs at my face and pinches. ouch!
-seems to recognize his name (we think) he will look at person who has called his name
-will "sing" himself to sleep when tired (typically when he is in his car seat or stroller).

click here for photo gallery

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I will comment on every week. I think I haven already looked at these pics 5 times since yesterday. SOOOOO beautiful. I love that he 'sings' himself to sleep, makes me want to cry it's so cute.

loonink said...

he's beautiful! I'm also impressed that Mineu was able to investigate and not pounce...that bird will have Steve jealous. He'll want a merlin, now, too.