Music has played an important role in our relationship. During our first year together we were living in different parts of the country (I was in Winnipeg and Dave was in Banff) so there was an intense period of letter writing and mixed tapes were often included in the envelopes. This playlist includes songs that were on some of those mixed tapes as well as a cross section of music we've enjoyed together over the past 12 years.
This playlist was the soundtrack to our elopement weekend - here it is, the songs listed in no particular order
This playlist was the soundtrack to our elopement weekend - here it is, the songs listed in no particular order
Cello Song - Nick Drake
Two Lovers - Ustad Ali Akbar Khan
Hit The Ground Running - Smog
I Could Drive Forever - Smog
Suedehead - Morrissey
Raising Arizona Theme - Carter Burwell
Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen) - Kd Lang
Helpless (Neil Young) - Kd Lang
Crying - Roy Orbison
On Your Shore - Enya
Shepherd Moons - Enya
Do You Love Me Now? - The Breeders
Hey, that’s no way to say goodbye - Leonard Cohen
Suzanne - Leonard Cohen
I believe in you - Kylie Minogue
Caribou - Pixies
Hey - Pixies
monkey gone to heaven - Pixies
Wave Of Mutilation (UK Surf) - Pixies
La La Love You- Pixies
You and I - Wilco
The Calculation - Regina Spektor
Dirty Old Town - The Pogues
One Headlight - Wallflowers
Lovefool - The Cardigans
I feel - The Sundays
Look At Me - John Lennon
Jealous Guy - John Lennon
Gone For Good - The Shins
New Slang - The Shins
Landslide - Smashing Pumpkins
One By One - Billy Bragg & Wilco
California Stars - Billy Bragg & Wilco
The State I am in - Belle and Sebastian
The Boy with the Arab Strap - Belle and Sebastian
Lucky Man - The Verve
Harvest Moon - Neil Young
Viens Mallika Sous Le Dome Edais From Lakme - Howard Blake
You're so cool - Hans Zimmer
Sarah - Ween
Wild Horses - The Sundays
Hasn't hit me yet - Blue Rodeo
Lodestar - Sarah Harmer
Let Me Get What I Want - The Smiths
In My Life - Beatles
If I Fell - Beatles
If I Fell - Beatles
Nantes - Beirut
Sweet Jane - Cowboy Junkies
This Women's Work - Kate Bush
You're so great - Blur
Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic- The Police
So long, Marianne - Leonard Cohen
Hey there little insect - Jonathan Richmond & Modern Lovers
No comments:
Post a Comment