Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Toronto visit

Ambrose and I headed to Toronto on June 17 and arrived home on the 22. Dave got off the train as we were leaving. It was a long 6 days for Dave to be away from us. I kindly left him a to do list entitled "David's home alone to do list" but he explained later he was too distraught to complete much of the tasks beyond yard work (which has now been made easier by our recent acquisition of second hand electric mower and weed whacker (whipper snipper?)

The Toronto visit was fantastic as I got to visit with my girlies. Tamara is in from St Maarten and got to see her everyday. We stayed with Sheryl and family and I got to finally meet Mia, their 5 month old. It was great to catch up. I was in Toronto to also attend a conference for work. Miss T generously booked time off work to care for Ambrose while I took in the sessions! My boss Lynn was excited to spend time with Mr A so we took him to the conference banquet!




On a much sober note, the weekend I was there was to be Alicia and Emad's wedding. Unfortunately, Alicia found out that she has breast cancer 6 months before her wedding date (she has jokingly stated that she plans to start buying lottery tickets as the odds of that happening are pretty slim).  She has already gone for surgery and will be starting chemo on July 11. She is such a strong woman and I admire her ability to keep her sense of humour through this ordeal. She has such a positive outlook and knows she will kick cancer's ass. Thankfully,  it was detected early and things looks very good for a full recovery.

No comments: