Saturday, May 9, 2009

birthday boy



It was David's birthday on May 6th. He was on the train (and I was battling a particularly treacherous work week). He got home Thursday and was quite pleased to share that his colleagues marked the occasion by buying him an ice cream cake, signing a card and singing happy birthday while on the train back from Toronto. Apparently this never happens; birthdays come and go uncelebrated.

We had a fabulous birthday dinner tonight (grilled salmon and asparagus, parmesan and lemon risotto, cupcakes from the cupcakery in the village). Earlier today we went to Canadian Tire to pick up his gift: a garden cart. He is quite excited to cruise around with this cart in tow and pick up large rocks that he has noticed in the area. I think he should do this accompanied by a child or people may be concerned (he is becoming more eccentric each year, I must admit). We also picked up a new reel mower (the one that was found in the basement is just too heavy). The mower was 50% off so both felt completely justified in the purchase.

No comments: