Leonard Cohen played the MTS centre in Winnipeg, likely for the last time. Dave and I had tickets and were eagerly anticipating the concert. Mr Cohen did not disappoint. He was a class act, his voice was perfect, and the musicians and back up singers were simply phenomenal.
Although I don't have any pictures or video to share of the concert I thought I would post a link to the Juno awards when they were hosted in Winnipeg (I went with Tamara and Sheryl). kd lang covered Leonard Cohen's song Hallelujah. (I read somewhere that although his song has been covered by many artists over the year, Cohen believes kd lang has covered it the best).
I think my top three concerts are (in no particular order): Leonard Cohen (2009), Neil Young (2008) and the Pixies in Saskatoon (2004). And I suppose I should add Depeche Mode who I saw in Calgary, the summer before grade 10. That was a big deal back then! I have been to many concerts over the years so I'm sure I could have several "best of" lists based on different criteria but I think at this moment, those are the top three. Reading over my shoulder Dave said Lollapalooza in 1992 would be at the top of his list (jealous, that would have been amazing). And that got me thinking about Pearl Jam in '93 at the long defunct SunFest in Gimli...okay I better stop while I'm ahead!
No comments:
Post a Comment